- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Squeeze the lemons to collect the juice
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, and blend until the hummus is smooth and creamy. Add more water as needed to get to desired consistency.
10 Minute Turmeric Hummus
This simple, 10 minute hummus is packed full of fibre, protein and plant power and the golden turmeric that gives this hummus its lovely golden colour has long been used as a powerful anti inflammatory. This makes the perfect side or snack when you want something satisfying and nutritious. Perfect served with fresh vegetables, flat bread or pitta crisps. It also makes a great sandwich filling.
- 2 x 400g/14oz tins of chickpeas
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water