- Heat the pan with a little coconut butter, add 3 kernels and replace the lid
- Once they swell and pop add the rest of the kernels to the pan and replace the lid
- Remove the pan from the heat for 3O seconds and then place back on the heat and give the pan a little shake to stop the kernels from burning
- Have fun listening to the pop corn pop!
- Once the popping sound dies out, remove the pan from the heat and add your topping!
This is such a fun snack to make, it’s easy, nutritious and great for tucking into in front of a film. Popcorn is a wholegrain which means it’s a great source of fibre and it’s also high in antioxidants -some say it event tops fruits and vegetables in its antioxidant levels. Flavour your popcorn to suit your fancy, I love keeping it simple with salt but why not try some black pepper, cinnamon or maple syrup?
- 50g popcorn kernels