- Heat 1 litre of organic milk, once it reaches the boil, turn it off and allow to cool to room temperature
- When cooled (but still warm) add the packet of starter culture and mix well
- Pour the mixture into a sterilised jar, wrap it in a towel and the pop in the oven with just the pilot light on (or in a warm place like the airing cupboard)
- Leave for 24 – 48 hours until the yoghurt is set
- Save 1 tbsp of your freshly made yoghurt to make the next batch (in replace of the starter culture)
- Eat and enjoy!
Homemade yoghurt is bursting with good bacteria which is great for our gut health and is often a remedy for indigestion and upset stomachs. Homemade yoghurt is easier to digest than shop bought stuff and it’s so easy to make.
- One pint whole organic milk
- Starter Culture