- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Roughly chop the nuts, seeds and dried fruit and add to a bowl with the rest of the dried ingredients.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and melted coconut butter and finely grate over the orange zest and squeeze of juice, and stir well to mix everything
- Spread the mixture out over a large baking tray in an even layer
- Pop into the hot oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until turning golden, stirring every 10 minutes or so to stop it from catching
- The granola will go crunchy as it cools, so don’t leave it too long in the oven waiting for it to go crispy
- Leave to cool then pour into Kilner jars ready for dipping into! Keeps for up to 4 weeks.
Breakfast or Anytime Granola
I love Granola but find the stuff in shops too sweet. This is a really easy recipe, tastes so good, is much cheaper and you can vary the ingredients based on what you like. I use this to sprinkle onto yoghurt, porridge and smoothies to give a tasty crunch. The kids love this on its own as a crunchy snack.
- 250g rolled oats
- 250g cups mixed raw nuts and seeds
- 100g dried fruit (apricots, raisins or cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- Zest one orange and a squeeze of its juice
- 50g melted coconut oil