- Pre heat the overn to 180 (fan 160/gas mark 4)
- Mix the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt together in a large bowl
- Mix the mashed bananas, water and vanilla together then add to the bowl.
- Mix in the raisins, walnuts and remaining banana slices
- Transfer the mixture to a 750g (1 1/2b) loaf tin lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn the tin around and bake for another 15 minutes until the bread is firmish to the touch
Ultimate Banana Bread
Makes one large loaf
There are so many great banana bread recipes out there and this takes all my favourites bits from all the recipes I've tried to make the most delicious and nutritious banana bread that you can eat any time of day. It makes the perfect breakfast or snack especially when teamed with salty butter or a smother of your favourite nut butter. Need I say more!
- 290g spelt flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large ripe bananas – about 400g (the riper the better) mashed
- 1 banana, sliced
- 120ml of water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 60g raisins
- 30g walnuts
- No eggs or butter – it’s not a typo!