- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line a baking tray.
- Cream your sugar and coconut oil together.
- Beat your egg in a separate bowl, then add to the creamed butter and sugar, mix gently.
- Slowly add in the flour a little at a time and mix in with a spoon.
- Lastly add in the salt, baking powder, raw cacao and almonds and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and place on your baking tray. Slightly flatten each ball out into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 8 minute and the let them cool. Top with orange zest before you dig.
Chocolate, Orange and Almond Cookies
My favourite cookies! These are so good - chocolaty, caramely and crunchy bites of yumminess. The almonds are rich in vitamin E but can be easily substituted with any other nut or coconut flakes and the coconut sugar gives these cookies a lovely caramel taste.
- 125g of coconut oil
- 200g of coconut sugar (experiment with this depending on your taste buds – I tend to use a bit less)
- 1 egg
- 240g of spelt flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao
- 50g of almonds
- 1 orange